Can you get a feel for the size of this puppy. Just look at those flag poles and the size of those people standing by the flag poles!
As we were walking around the Washington Monument we got mauled by all these running MEN and women all wearing red dresses! I don't know what it was about but it was pretty interesting.
This is a picture of the Vietnam Memorial. As you can see the names are very small and there are at least 60 panels 10 feet high of these names of soldiers who died or went missing in the war. The way these memorials are made makes it easy to gain an instant understanding of what was sacrificed for the greater good. I've heard stories of wars, seen movies, read books etc but to visually see a 'countless' number of people is incredible.
Here we are at the Metro System. Luckily it wasn't a work day for Washington D.C.ers so we didn't really have to fight traffic. Thanks goodness, I've heard it's pretty crazy!

1 comment:
Traffic's actually not too bad. I drove a mini-van in traffic over the course of a couple days. Its a lot better than california traffic thats for sure. Anyway, looks like a fun trip.
Post a Comment