We found out about this sweet place called Moraine State Park so during Memorial Day weekend we went and checked it out with the Sandbergs (they have the little boy that we had a joint Dr. Seuss birthday party with). The Park has a HuGe lake with different sections to launch sailboats, ski boats, and kayaks from. There is also a little man made beach which is where we spent most of our time. Along with water fun there are hiking and biking trails, fishing, and a frisbee golf course. The best part of all is it's only 50 minutes away from home! We will be partaking of this beautiful place again soon I'm sure. The husbands pretty much played with the boys so Chelsea and I sat back, watched, took pictures, and relaxed. After getting our fair share of Vitamin D, we headed to explore Amish Country.
While there, we grabbed some dinner at a little local corner joint in one of the Amish towns which was also was a college town. The waitress was super nice, but the menu was not so friendly. So I'm a big fan of breakfast foods and could eat them for any meal and this was no exceptional time. There wasn't time frame for the breakfast menu which I was super excited about so I picked the most tasty sounding item I could find, However, when our cute waitress from Turkey said they weren't serving breakfast I had to take another few minutes to decide. When she came back I had decided I still needed my sweet tooth fix and was going to go with a piece of double chocolate pie :) She apologized with her strong Turkish accent and told me that they didn't have double chocolate pie in the back. I have a hard time making decisions when it comes to menus so it was getting harder and harder at this point to find something I was in the mood for. I scrolled down the menu, they had Chili with this, Chili with that, Chili with something else, and soup. I'm not much of a Chili fan so I asked her what flavor the soup was, she replied, "Chili". Ok, is it just me or are the options at this place what I would refer to as Slim Pickins'? I finally ended up with a small measly cheeseburger.
After we ate we went to pay for our meal and they didn't take credit!! None of us had cash on us so two of us had to stay while two of us went to the nearest bank to get cash. Thank goodness the bank was still open because the whole town pretty much closed down at about the time we arrived at the dinner place. Needless to say, we had an evening of laughs from all of the unusual rejections we experienced while in the little town of Wexford. Good ol' Wexford.
This is a cute little covered bridge that we drove through after driving around the Amish farms.
Here are the pooped little boys and Swen experiencing the goodness of an Amish made porch swing.
I love how green it is here in the East. Nature just takes over!
Quick family photo at the "beach"
Here we have the husbands taking the boys out for a joy toss.
Duncan loves to climb into these chairs and chill like a big person.
Check out that beach, I think it's a 400 ft. x 100 ft. patch but hey we'll take it!
I love this picture of my boys exploring the shore together.
We had a blast hanging out with the Sandbergs and seeing more of Pennsylvania!
2 comments:
Cool trip - sorry about the bummer restaurant, that stinks!
You guys are the cutest bunch, I love these pictures!
Post a Comment