We have this GREAT thrift store here in Pittsburgh called Red White and Blue.
Our cute RS President in the ward and I like to meet up there and thrift together.
Wednesday is "Senior Day" and she is able to give me her 50% off discount on everything that isn't newly put out that week (there is a color code system). Anyone who is there with a senior (or even asks a random senior if they will "sponsor" them) can get the discount.
It rocks to say the least.
I know that we save a lot of money by getting stuff there but I have been curious as to how much money. By doing a little searching on the internet I was able to crunch the numbers.
Alright here are the following 4 toys that I gathered to do this experiment on.
A Mattel-The Farmer says 'See and Say' toy (vintage according to Ebay :)
A Fisher Price ringer game
A plush bowling set by Schylling
A Playskool Poppin' Pals toy
Can you guess what was spent on them in total?
Your options are:
A: $4
B: $8
C: $16
D: over $50
And the answer is...
"A"
They are worth over $50, the thrift store was selling them for a total of $8, but with my friend Mary's Senior Discount these babies cost me $4!!
That's a dollar on average a piece!
Let's just say that I've inherited my mother's thrill for a good deal!
p.s. Just in case you were wondering, I do sanitize and wash everything really well before Duncan lays a finger on them. No worries.
1 comment:
Sometimes I wish I didn't live in Utah. There are so many better deals elsewhere. Seriously, stock up now, because if you come back to Utah, you won't find as good of stuff at thrift stores.....I know, I've shopped for deals forever. In Utah, they just get snagged up so fast and also, people think there stuff is worth sooo much more than it is! Good for you and keep it up!
Post a Comment