June 2, 2012

Family photo and the Tracy Aviary - posted by the Mrs.



This doesn't happen very often...all of us are in the picture and looking at the camera.
Kodak moment.


I noticed in the paper that the Tracy Aviary was promoting free admission during every Wednesday in March.  When I called to find out about parking etc. I mentioned the promotion and wanted to confirm the free admission.  This is how the conversation went:

Me: "I just wanted to confirm that admission is free on Wednesdays for the month of March."
Lady: "Yes, it's $3 a person"
Me: processing, processing.

"So it's not free?  There's a promotion in the paper stating it's free on Wednesdays"  
Lady: "Yes, it's $3 a person"

Apparently her "yes" had a whole bunch of meaning all wrapped up in it that I didn't understand.
Oh well, $3 a person was still a great deal and we had talked it up with Duncan so we headed off to see some birds.


Bobby and Duncan are seen here getting eatin' by a pelican.


Eagles


Pelicans?  
Go easy on me, this was a few months ago and I didn't happen to jot down the specific bird...but I did get a picture!


A random duck hanging out between two fences.  Great opportunity for a close up look!


Flamingos...such awesome looking birds.


Another bird...somewhere.



Regardless of how well I know my birds, this was a fun family outing.
Duncan loved it as much as we'd hoped and we had a fun picnic at the park afterwards.  




No comments: