We got a jump start on Christmas decorating and got to it before Thanksgiving had even passed.
Duncan was my super helper and loved getting to put the ornaments on our little tree we've had since we first got married. I think it will be The Kid's Tree from now on. We'd like to start a tradition of having a real tree and possibly even cutting it down each year!
I love this next picture. Can you spot Duncan and I in it?!
So I sort of forgot to crop the picture and Duncan's head is in the bottom right, but the correct answer is supposed to be in the Silver Ornament! Sometimes we play around with the camera and cool things come of it.
Daddy and Duncan making Gnocchis!
Here's a funny fact about Bobby and this night: I was feeding Charlie in the family room and he was looking for the whole wheat flour I had ground up in order to finish making the Gnocchi dough. I told him it was in the freezer. When I came into the kitchen a little while later, I saw the the big bag of Dough Enhancer on the counter. Over 50% of the Gnocchi dough was made up of dough enhancer in place of flour!
They didn't taste too bad but they looked pretty creepy after a day in the fridge.
Family picture at an Equestrian Park we hung out at on Thanksgiving Day.
It was beautiful there. I felt like we were walking the grounds of a rich farmer. There was a big pond with ducks, white picket fences, and beautiful trees with vibrant fall leaves covering them.
Here are a few cute Daddy Son photos taken on the pond.
This was a little hike we did later on in the day after having our Thanksgiving feast.
Some friends of ours (the Goodmans - their name says it all) invited us to tag along with their family dinner and this hike is something they always do after. This spot is near the highest bridge (731 ft. above the riverbed) in California called the Foresthill Bridge. The hike had a bridge along it as well and the family has a tradition to pick up the biggest rock they can find and drop it off the bridge into the water making a loud cannonball sound. This is Bobby and Duncan down by the river where we skipped rocks.
Apparently, just down the river there is a nudest beach. We didn't care to stroll any further for this purpose though I imagine it's pretty vacant this time of year.
Here's the Goodman's themselves. They are the angels that watched Duncan while we spent the night at the Hospital when Charlie was born! You can tell in this picture how much Duncan loves these guys.
He even crawled on top of the air mattress they were sleeping on and snuggled with them... 3 different times during the night.
Father - Son time raking up the leaves.
Here we are at the Sacramento Temple where we got to do sealings together.
Who volunteered to watch our kids? The Goodmans
Wish we could repay them for all they have done for us.
This is Duncan at his first friend birthday party. It was a superhero theme and we didn't exactly have super hero attire. We had just watched Nacho Libre and that got the wheels turning in Bobby's head. You'll notice that Duncan is sporting a lovely Luchador mask that Bobby himself made. It's not pulled over his eyes but you get the idea. Duncan is also wearing a Lightening McQueen shirt that has a black and white checkered cape that attaches to it. There were a couple of cute little Captain Americas, a Spiderman (the birthday boy - Madden), and an Incredible Hulk and Duncan...The Handsome Spanish Race Track King - Hero.
While Bobby was slaving away making Luchador masks, I took Charlie and ventured out into the rain to the Book Barn! A girl in our ward introduced it to me and I'm pretty sure I'll be a regular!
Someone has offered up there old barn to house hundreds of books that get donated every month. These volunteers do a basic organization of books: "Children's" and "Other" then give all the proceeds to a local animal shelter.
This is the best part...
the paperbacks are 25 cents whether there's 10 pages or 1,000.
The hardback books are 50 cents.
It's things like this that soften my heart about living in expensive liberal nudest California.
No comments:
Post a Comment