February 16, 2013

Duncan turns 2 and 3!? Posted by the Mrs.

Ya know, I meant to get around to blogging about Duncan's 2nd Birthday and all of a sudden it's a year later.  

Crazy! 

So here's a quick re-cap of his 2nd birthday.
I went a little overboard for a few reasons:

1) His previous birthday we were away from family - Pittsburgh
2) I knew his next birthday was going to be away from family - California
3) I had a plethora of ideas swimming through my brain thanks to Pinterest.

Thankfully I have some awesome sisters (and bro-in-law) who helped with the details.


We started the morning off with feeding the ducks by Honey and Poppy's house.  As you can see, Duncan enjoyed sampling the bread as well.


Happy Birthday Banner!


Duncan with his cute cuz Livy, checking everything out.



Honey read the theme story for the party:
The Little Engine That Could




The grandkiddies with their conductor hats, "riding" the train and listening to the story.



Pin the smoke cloud on the engine.
Thanks Aubs


Duncan sharing his train whistle with Grandpa


I made these train cars for the kids to eat in.
It worked wonders for keeping the kids corralled and focused! 


Duncan and Luella playing with the party bag bubbles.


The Amazing Little Engine that Could Cake
Thanks Brooke and Tyler!


Opening presents, Duncan was a sweetheart and thanked each person for their gift.


"Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You..."
Can't believe how much he has grown!



It was fun to have almost all of our family there (missed ya Cramers!) to celebrate Duncan's birth.
We sure love our family and we sure love this little monkey!




No comments: