Disclaimer: this post doesn't reflect all the awesomeness that happened there because we can't really download all of the Mexico pics from the gang with the level of internet-ness that we get in our bedroom.
Plus, I still don't really know how to download an album and store it in the right folder, etc.
So here goes the post!
This is Bobby and I at the airport, waiting for our family to get in. It was a little interesting because there wasn't really a waiting area so we just dropped our bags on the floor of this hallway where all these tourist salesman were trying to grab the attention of anyone they could get in order to hook them up with a rental car, excursion, or hotel.
This was quite the place to people watch.
I almost felt bad for the salespeeps because people would just outright snob them even while the salesperson was trying to walk right along side them and talk to them.
We heard one of the salesman say he should have stayed in school.
Rough job.
We were glad to see our family finally walk through and give them hugs!
After a 45 minute drive, we arrived at the resort.
This is the lobby "hut".
Quite the place, eh?!
Here is our tropical getaway room complete with a swan made out of a towel.
I'm not sure what size the bed was...but we never had to fight over covers!
We got to watch an impressive dolphin show!
Bobby and I took a walk down the beach at one point and just soaked in the beautiful nature that surrounded us.
This little guy is about the size of a quarter and a super pro at blending into the surroundings. We almost didn't notice him on our walk!
The beach was covered in little cabanas for an extra tropical shadey touch.
Here's a picture of a palm tree sunset that I caught on our way back to our room.
Visiting the Tulum ruins.
This was really neat, we were even able to hire an LDS tour guide to tell us about the area and ruins.
Our tour guides name was Nephi (pronounced Neffi) but he said we could pronounce it either way. He was a younger guy, late 20's early 30's, and I asked him if he had ever been to Utah. he said he went once to go to the October 2007 General Conference.
It made me realize even more how blessed I am to have had all the opportunities I have to go to Conference and other Church events.
This is the corner of one of the buildings...can you see the face?!
More ruins!
This about the point where I was feeling nauseous, hot, and sick.
This little guy kept us company while Bobby and I sat in the shade and tried to get over my sick feeling.
Our excursion day was pretty dang awesome!
To start off the adventure, we drove about a half hour into the jungle of Mexico in THAT vehicle.
Let me tell you that the jeep did not have the best shocks!
Bobby and I had just finished the zip-line! Pretty fun stuff!
And no, my leg isn't broken, I'm just double jointed...
Chicletts Gum is made from gum that comes off the trees in the jungle!
We got to harvest our own Chicletts!
This is us snorkeling in a cenote (pronounced SEN-O-TAY)
Pretty cool stuff.
What was even cooler was going into an underground cenote!
Seriously, I felt like I was watching the Discovery Channel - LIVE!
We snorkeled through this cave of stalactites and stalagmites with flashlights to take it all in.
I had such a good time but I actually had a super stiff neck within hours of this adventure because I was a little tense while snorkeling...not knowing how to swim and all as well as doing something I had NEVER done before!
So glad I did it, Bobby was pretty proud of me as well :)
Other features of our trip were playing games in the evening, reading by the pool and the ocean shore, trying out Zumba for the first time, getting a massage for "free" (after giving 2 hours of our lives to allow the resort to try to sell us on a 30 year vacation package), scuba-diving for Bobby, and getting a 24 hour bug for me...oh wait, scratch that last one.
It was fun to see family and experience some fun new things! Thanks Jim and Joanne!
What was Duncan doing while we were out of the country?
He was having an adventure all his own with the Cramers!
This is Steve and Duncan playing with a garden snake they had found!
Here, Duncan has discovered Cody's Thanksgiving hat that he brought home from school.
Cramers were going to pull a prank on us and put all of their kids' Halloween candy wrappers in Duncan's crib while he was sleeping, take a picture and e-mail it to us, and then tell us that he was having a great time!
Unfortunately for them, they didn't have time to because their week was full of craziness!
There was a slight flood in their house, Tiffany was holding preschool at her house twice that week, Kylee started wetting the bed multiple times a night - which she hadn't been doing previous to that week, and the kids had dentist appointments she had to get them all to.
We can't express how grateful we are to the Cramers for taking care of our favorite little monkey! It was very hard to leave Duncan but knowing he was in the best care was extremely comforting.
Our cute little monkey in his diaper!
No comments:
Post a Comment