After we got back from Yosemite we did some local playing:
Backyard sunshine fun with Bapa (as Charlie says).
We visited Kaseburg park and played some Slide Bocce Ball, Frisbee, and ran around the playground.
I put together our scrapbook pages for Joanne's Mother's Day Book which my dad took back with him for me.
We used a Groupon to visit the Airplane Museum which, as the below picture depicts, was quite a hit!
There were lots of neat things to see and do inside: sit in the pilot seat with legit controls and buttons, a simulator ride which my dad and Duncan rode on, activity tables, and a kid's play area to finish it all off.
All Smiles!
Outside there were tons of neat airplanes to check out.
Duncan's favorite was the Blue Angel, however, he also loved getting up close with all the planes and their parts.
Thanks for coming to visit Grandpa!
Quotes from the mouths of our babes:
(For the record, these are actually from June but if I don't get them on here they might get lost and forgotten forever)
(1)
Duncan wanted to be my little yard sale buddy a couple of weekends ago when I went out to venture through the neighborhood sale. He was great company too.
I think he overheard me that day telling Bobby that I wanted to look for camping stuff at the yard sales because during Duncan's personal prayer that night he prayed to: "Please bless that we can find any garage sales and get some camping stuff".
:)
(2)
We've been singing the "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-aye" song
Charlie loves to chime in at the end with, "Ma-mo-Ma-mo, Da-da-day!"
We've got a great video of it that we'll have to share.
(3)
Duncan's nursery teacher here in Boise came up to me and told me a cute quote from him from the week before:
She was showing the children the picture of Christ in the heavens with the clouds and the numerous concourses of angels on each side of him. Duncan's thoughts on the matter were,
"I don't want to go to heaven because it's cloudy"
End note: We'll work on clearing up any concerns he has on the matter, don't worry.
(4)
In sacrament meeting that same week, the speaker was asking a lot of questions as part of his talk, "Do you have a testimony of the Word of Wisdom? Do you have a testimony of our church leaders?"
That's it for now!
Quotes from the mouths of our babes:
(For the record, these are actually from June but if I don't get them on here they might get lost and forgotten forever)
(1)
Duncan wanted to be my little yard sale buddy a couple of weekends ago when I went out to venture through the neighborhood sale. He was great company too.
I think he overheard me that day telling Bobby that I wanted to look for camping stuff at the yard sales because during Duncan's personal prayer that night he prayed to: "Please bless that we can find any garage sales and get some camping stuff".
:)
(2)
We've been singing the "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-aye" song
Charlie loves to chime in at the end with, "Ma-mo-Ma-mo, Da-da-day!"
We've got a great video of it that we'll have to share.
(3)
Duncan's nursery teacher here in Boise came up to me and told me a cute quote from him from the week before:
She was showing the children the picture of Christ in the heavens with the clouds and the numerous concourses of angels on each side of him. Duncan's thoughts on the matter were,
"I don't want to go to heaven because it's cloudy"
End note: We'll work on clearing up any concerns he has on the matter, don't worry.
(4)
In sacrament meeting that same week, the speaker was asking a lot of questions as part of his talk, "Do you have a testimony of the Word of Wisdom? Do you have a testimony of our church leaders?"
Duncan was quietly coloring and when the speaker said, "Do you have a testimony of the scriptures?"
Duncan enthusiastically said out loud, "Yes!"
That's it for now!


No comments:
Post a Comment