Duncan loves to be in on the action. When the rental house maintenance guy came Duncan was eager to have a front row seat wherever he went. From the toilet bowl tank to the missing sprinkler, he was not shy about his interest in the matters. This is just a collage of some of the things we've been up to:
Playing kitchen, riding on the massive cement caterpillar at the library, glow sticks in the tub, cement dolphin at the park, lots of popsicles, learning to ride a bike, first time experience with Krispy Kremes, Target shopping, giving Lightning McQueen a good wash and the list goes on...fingerpainting, throwing snaps in the backyard, playing with water and dishes in the sink...
He's hands on for sure!
Another favorite past time...doing everything dad is doing.
Finding his way through the maze at the park.
Helping dad BBQ is never a question. I love watching them sit and chill together.
P.S. if you need an amazing recipe for ribs, Bob is your man. Seriously.
4th of July Bike decorating/parade.
Yay for a family picture!
Centipedes, earwigs, maggots, etc, etc, etc
I get phantom bug itches on my body all the time because I'm so freaked out by the bugs we constantly find.
We were eating at Carl's Jr. for a fun family night out and Duncan and I shared a chicken nugget meal. At one point Bobby asked Duncan if he was going to eat some more chicken.
Duncan's honest response?
"I eat chicken all day long".
Funny kid.
When we got back from Utah, our neighbors who had been watching over our house while we were gone brought over a goldfish for Duncan to have. We gave it a home on top of our mantel and lovingly named it Seymour, after the last name of the family that gave it to us.
The morning after we received this fishy, I had been putting things away in the bedroom from our trip. I verbally checked on Duncan a few times and asked him what he was doing each time to make sure he was fine. After a little while, I realized he could have been tearing the place apart...specifically the computer desk which holds treasures of wonder to him, and thought I better go check on him in person. When I got to the family room, I was sort of puzzled to find Duncan sitting in the center of the room with zero toys around him. All he had was a guitar tuning harmonica thing that he was playing. What had he been doing that whole time?
Then I glanced up on the fireplace where something bright caught my eye and answered my question:
Notice anything odd?
Maybe a large stuffed animal fish submerged in a fish bowl?
I was so surprised that all I could say was, "DUNCAN!!"
Duncan just looked up at me. I could tell he didn't think anything was wrong with this picture.
Poor Seymour had about two inches of swimming room. Thankfully, none of the overflow water ruined anything and needless to say, Duncan and I had a little discussion about real fish and fake fish.
Next up for blogging: our quick trip to Utah...
And I'm pretty sure I still haven't blogged about Duncan's b-day party!

1 comment:
aahahahahaha! That made me laugh about the fish...funny kid :)
Post a Comment