August 14, 2012

The dresser for our little Monkeys to share...posted by the Mrs.

We've been on the lookout for a dresser to use for our little boys and all the clothes, blankets, and burp rags that now need a home.  I found this one and knew it had serious potential.  The handles alone had my heart beating let alone the overall look and legs.  We got a pretty good deal though we probably could have paid a bit less and slept even better at night ;)  To date, this has probably been the easiest piece we've done...which was really good news considering I'm 7 1/2 months prego...and yes, I did help!

Here is "The Beaut" according to the Craigslist picture.
Bobby sturdied it up with nails and glue, we vacuumed it out, sanded it, waxed the drawers so they would glide better, wiped the drawers out with vinegar to rid it of foreign smells, and finally painted this sweet thing.

The result?





Behold, the most awesome piece of retro furniture we own.





Bobby left it up to me to choose the colors and I think after seeing it all finished and put together, he liked it more than he thought he would.




Check out these compass handles!  If we were to ever sell this dresser, I might have to replace the handles and keep these for myself.












I know old school isn't for everyone but just compare it to something that makes your heart palpitate and you'll understand.


Pictures to come of the boys' room all put together...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks amazing!

Krista & Tyler said...

You guys are awesome!!!!!!!

Ali said...

I LOVE what you did to this!!