May 24, 2014

April's 'Appenings...posted by the Mrs.




This is a morning ritual for our family:
we hug daddy good-bye and then wave to him as he drives away.







Chillin' with the ladybugs.
The boys know just where to go in the backyard to get a guaranteed find!






Bobby and Duncan playing on the newly strung guitar.







While Bobby went to the Priesthood session, we had some fun with paints.





General Conference!
The boys were surprisingly pretty content to sit and watch, however, they also enjoyed a break here and there with books, snacks, and activities.





We were invited to go ride the train at The Fountains with some friends in the ward. Duncan was super thrilled that we got to ride in the caboose after having had his eye on it the whole time we were in line. After that we watched the fountains shoot water to the rhythm of music and played at the park. 






My dream Bungalow nestled in downtown Roseville.





Hanging out at the downtown library after we picked up my new eye glasses.





Heading to Royer park for some family time.
It's official, I love bridges.





We headed to an E-Prep Fair up in Auburn that was put on by the Church.
Duncan was able to hold a little chick, sit in the driver's seat of a real police car, and get a personal tour of the police RV they use for stake-outs! We saw so many interesting things and got a boat load of ideas and information. We are all about that stuff!





More on the Rich household traditions:
jumping on the couch.





In light of being more prepared, Bobby got out the big guns and gave them a good cleaning.
I kept him company by reading the booklet the rifle came with. It turned out to be interesting and informative.
We're hoping to get to a shooting range for some date-night fun with these after we move.





Easter time!
We spent time coloring bright eggs, having an Easter hunt, and talking about how important and special Easter really is.




We enjoyed another library/park trip!





Grandpa came for a spontaneous short-notice Yosemite day trip!
More to come on that...!





Favorite Charlie quotes: 
1) We are always saying, "I love you", "I love you too". Charlie has picked up on this and when we tell him that we love him he replies, "Too!"

2) He says "Yah!" whenever we ask him questions.

Favorite Duncan quotes:
1)Duncan was in the bathroom doing his business and as the usual routine goes he hollers, "I'm ready for a WIII-iiipe". I've been on the slow train for encouraging independence in this area because 

I don't really want to deal with what the learning curve entails. Bobby however, is all about Duncan learning.

So back to the story, Bobby went in there and told Duncan that he needed to wipe all by himself.
Duncan replied that he didn't want to, then said, "I'll just wait here for hours until your ready to wipe me." 

You can probably guess who won that challenge.

2) For awhile, Duncan had a delaying bedtime tactic that he had down pretty good.
He would call one of us to come back to his room. He would schmooz us with, "I just wanted to tell you that I love you and..." to which he would lead into some random tangent, hoping to get us roped into a discussion or explanation of his child-like cosmic questions. 

1 comment:

Anna-Lisa said...

Looks like fun! Is that the gun Bobby got from Jim? Everyone got a long gun except us...we got a short gun which is not allowed in the house because I feel that short guns kill the most people! (I clearly know a lot about guns huh - long and short, but short really are more scary)